Friday, May 30, 2008

Playdough





Today was kind of a boring day, so I had to think of something different and fun for us to do. So we decided to make homemade playdough! Avery has never really played with playdough, so this was a new experience for her. It is so easy to make and way better than store-bought playdough. I used to make it for my Pre-K class all the time, so I pulled out my recipe and let Avery help. She got to use a rolling pin and some cookie cutters and she loved it! Here is the recipe:

1 c. flour

1/2 c. salt

2 tsp. cream of tartar

1 c. water

1 T. cooking oil

several drops of food coloring


Stir dry ingredients into a pan, then add wet ingredients and cook on about medium for around 3 minutes or until mixture pulls away from sides of pan. Dump out onto the counter and knead almost immediately. It is hot, so be careful. After it cools a little, you are ready to playing! Store in an airtight container and it will last forever!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Isn't playdough great?! Jacob loves it too - smashing it mostly. I'll have to try that recipe out sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

I love to eat playdough! The cream of tartar really gives it zip!! What is cream of tartar anyway?